What is Acne?
Our skin has tiny pores all over it. It is when these little holes get blocked by oil, dead skin cells, bacteria and dirt, that a pimple or “zit” surfaces. Recurrence of this condition is what is commonly known as acne. Whereas teenagers are their favourite targets, it affects everyone, regardless of their age.
American Academy of Dermatology has conceded that acne is a predominant skin complication in the US. Although it is not a perilous health complexity, it can be painful and emotionally challenging at times. Let’s dig deeper into it and find the acne treatment cost in Delhi.
The most conventional causes of acne are the following-
- Hormonal changes are a common cause of acne in teenagers. Particularly it is the production of androgens that shoots up acne on the skin.
- Bacteria i.e., excess sebum clogs the hair follicles and makes the oil inescapable, causing blackheads or whiteheads, commonly known as “comedones”.
- Acne is also caused due to excessive oil production by your follicles.
- Accumulation of dead skin cells in the pores results in acne.
- Inflammation also leads to acne.
- Diet and stress are majorly responsible for acne production.
- Certain medications like corticosteroids, lithium or testosterone cause acne.
The signs and symptoms of acne widely vary with the severity of the condition. These include-
- Blackheads i.e., open clogged pores
- Whiteheads i.e. closed clogged pores
- Pimples, that essentially are papules with pus on their tips.
- Nodules are solid and painful lumps.
- Cystic lesions, the pus-filled lumps.
Acne Treatment in Delhi
There are plenty of acne scar treatment alternatives available. However, you need to choose the best acne treatment in Delhi. You would have probably scrolled down the whole of your youtube searching for it! Let's look at some really effective home remedies for acne scar treatment for your unwanted inflammations.
- Make sure you clean your skin every day to remove excess dirt and oil.
- Hair dandruff can also cause acne. So ensure that you keep your hair clean by shampooing it regularly.
- If you use makeup, prefer one which is water-based or specifically labelled as “non-comedogenic”.
- Get rid of your ineluctable habit of squeezing pimples as it can leave permanent scars.
- Do not touch your face over and over again.
- Avoid wearing tight headbands or hats regularly.
If the home remedies aren’t effective or you, over-the-counter medications are always available for acne treatment in Delhi. These include-
- Benzoyl peroxide, commonly present in acne gels and creams, is used to dry existing pimples and avoid new ones. It is a convincing acne scar treatment.
- Sulphur, a natural ingredient, is commonly seen in cleansers, masks and lotions.
- Resorcinol is often used to do away with the dead skin cells.
- Salicylic acid, used in acne washes and soaps, prevents the clogging of pores.
If you continue to experience acne symptoms, your doctor can prescribe the following additional medications to prevent scarring and reduce acne symptoms altogether-
- Oral and topical antibiotics to reduce inflammation and wipe out the bacteria causing pimples. It is a potent acne scar treatment.
- Retinoic acid or benzoyl peroxide topical creams that prevent the resistance of bacteria to antibiotics is an efficient acne treatment in Delhi
- A vitamin-rich medication called isotretinoin used to treat nodular acne. It is rarely used.
- Photodynamic therapy that uses lasers to kill bacteria and consequently reduce oil production is helpful for acne treatment in Delhi
- Dermabrasion involves the removal of the top layer of the skin using a rotating brush. It is more effective for acne scarring than acne itself.
Cost of Acne Treatment in Delhi
The acne treatment cost in Delhi depends significantly on the treatment you opt for. While the topical creams and gels are affordable and inexpensive, invasive surgical treatments like laser therapy that are a little more costly. Some factors that immensely influence the cost of the best acne treatment in Delhi are-
- Treatment required.
- Location of the clinic or hospital
- The particular skin specialist that you choose
- Other skin complications, if any.
Why Choose Us for Acne Treatment in Delhi
A commendable skin and smooth hair are what anyone would yearn for. Clair skin clinic in Delhi comprehends this goal in the true sense of terms and provides for the best acne treatment in Delhi. Our dermatologists positively try to understand the needs of our patients and guide the best possible solution for them. The treatment plan is specifically customized to suit the varied needs of every person. Our surgeons hail with proficient qualifications graced with diversified training. State of art equipment is used to provide the most ravishing results. The acne treatment cost in Delhi (Clair’s Clinic) is also economical.